Broccoli Cheddar Mac n Cheese
Rich, cheesy, and creamy, if you love broccoli cheddar soup, you’ll love this twist on a classic mac and cheese. Plus, did we mention you can cook it all in one pot? It’s an effortlessly decadent meal you can enjoy any day.
|Serving Size:||2½ cups|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1, 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 2½ cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 8 ounces whole-wheat macaroni or penne
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 6 – 8 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Once hot, add garlic cloves and stir constantly until fragrant and golden.
- Add milk, 1 cup of broth, pasta, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Turn heat to medium-high and bring pasta to a boil. Stir constantly to prevent sticking.
- Add remaining 1½ cups of broth, 1/4 cup at a time, as needed.
- After cooking for 8 minutes, add broccoli and cook for 4 – 6 minutes more. Stir constantly to prevent sticking.
- Once the pasta has reached your desired level of doneness, take pasta off the heat and add cheese. Stir to combine and serve.