Session 2 – Handheld Meals
Handheld meals are perfect for busy on-the-go days!
- Explore culturally-inspired recipes and how each component adds to the nutrition of the meal.
- Discover the foundations of flavors and how they impact your meal
- Learn the benefits of shopping local
- Hands-on cooking
Bursting with crunchy pickled carrots and a kick of heat from the jalapeno, this Vietnamese-inspired sandwich uses your choice of protein and is the perfect balance of sweet, sour, and salty. Click here for the full recipe.
- Quick pickling is a great way to add sweet, sour, and salty flavors to vegetables.
- Recipes, generally, can be looked at as road maps or guides. Feel free to get creative and go off-course. Think about your own flavor preferences. What could you change about a dish – add, remove, increase, or decrease – to make it more to your liking?