Session 3 – Bowl Meals
Learn how to make craveable, customizable bowl meals.
- Learn how to make bowl meals for any meal of the day
- Recognize the nutritional and practical benefits of bowl meals.
- Identify on-hand components of bowl meals for quick preparation.
- Hands-on cooking
Quick Burrito Bowl
Burrito bowls have become a staple for many people – they are quick, tasty, and versatile. Use whatever leftovers, frozen, or fresh ingredients you have laying around. Click here for the full recipe.
- Exchange quinoa for any grain, such as brown rice, whole wheat pasta, or couscous. Batch cook your grain ahead of time and build bowl meals throughout the week.
- Check your freezer section for precut peppers and onions. Simply cook in a skiller or microwave for a quick addition to your meals.
- This Quick Burrito Bowl is an easy vegetarian options. Prefer meat? Exchange some or all of the beans for cooked chicken or lean ground beef.
- Ever used nonfat, plain Greek yogurt in place of sour cream? This is an easy way to reduce your unhealthy fat intake while still eating a creamy condiment.