Ramen is a staple dish for many young adults. This version is extremely easy and more filling than the prepackaged versions. Use whatever protein and vegetables you have on hand and get creative with toppings. Popular toppings such as kimchi, gochujang, sriracha, or furikake will take this dish to the next level!
|Serving Size:||2 cups|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||5 minutes|
|Total time:||15 minutes|
- 1½ cups low-sodium broth (vegetable, chicken, or beef)
- 2 ounces ramen noodles, dried
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar or lime juice
- 1 egg, soft boiled
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables*
- 1 green onion, chopped
Optional toppings for serving:
Sriracha, kimchi, green onions, gochujang, furikake, cabbage, sliced radish, jalapenos or chilis.
*Example options: shredded carrot, shelled edamame, sauteed mushrooms, corn kernels, cooked spinach, or bok choy.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, combine broth, noodles, and ginger.
- Microwave for about 5 minutes, or until noodles are cooked through, stirring once halfway through.
- Stir in soy sauce and rice vinegar
- Top with egg, mixed vegetables, green onions, and optional toppings.