Lemon Artichoke Shrimp Pasta
This dish is perfect for a quick dinner that is hearty, flavorful, and best of all, easy to clean up. Any whole wheat pasta shape will work for this dish. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking and to gauge if more liquid is needed. Exchange cannellini beans for any other bean you like. Kale is a hearty green and helps to add volume to this dish, but other vegetables could also work here. Depending on the vegetable you use, you may want to add it earlier in the cooking process. This recipe makes 8 servings, but could easily be cut in half if you need.
|Serving Size:||1½ cups|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||25 minutes|
- 16 ounces whole-wheat pasta
- 1, 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1, 14-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 to 1½ cups water
- 1 bunch kale, roughly chopped
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
– Can use frozen shrimp that has been thawed, rinsed, peeled, and deveined.
- Optional toppings: lemon slices, chopped green onions, crumbled feta cheese
- In a large pot, add pasta, beans, lemon, olive oil, artichoke hearts, broth, red pepper flakes, and water.
- Bring items to a boil and cook for 6 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add shrimp and kale. Cook until shrimp is no longer pink, or about 2–4 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Optional: finish with lemon slices, chopped green onions, or crumbled feta cheese.