Maple-Glazed Vegetables and Italian Sausage Sheet Pan
Sheet pan meals are a home cook’s dream. Simple to prep and easy to clean up, sheet pan meals offer a quick way to prep a few meals at one time. They can also be scaled up or down depending on how much food you need to prepare. This sheet pan meal uses maple syrup and sweet potatoes to bring out the flavors of fall. Mix and match any vegetable combination you prefer. Want to use frozen Brussels sprouts? No problem. Just be sure to spread them out evenly on the sheet pan.
|Serving Size:||1 sausage + 1 cup vegetables|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||35 minutes|
|Total time:||45 minutes|
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 4 sweet or Italian sausages (chicken, turkey, or pork)
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Add sweet potatoes, onion, and olive oil to a sheet pan. Toss to coat and evenly spread out vegetables.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, maple syrup, Brussels sprouts, and sausages.
- Return to the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until sausages reach an internal temperature of 145°F for pork and 165°F for chicken or turkey and sweet potatoes are fork-tender.