Peanut Butter and Banana Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are a great way to meal prep ahead of time. They are an excellent source of whole grains, fiber, and protein to help keep you satisfied. Start with 1/2 cup of milk or milk alternative. If you prefer a thicker or thinner final product, just adjust your amount of liquid accordingly.
This classic combination of peanut butter and banana makes a tasty and filling breakfast, snack, or dessert. Customize your overnight oats with your milk, yogurt, nut butter, and toppings of choice.
|Serving size:||1½ cups|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||0 minutes|
|Total time:||5 minutes + overnight|
- 1/2 cup oats (old fashioned or rolled oats work best)
- 1/2 cup milk or milk-alternative (1%, skim, almond, etc.)
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 1/2 banana, sliced (option to add banana before refrigeration or right before eating)
- Optional: additional sliced fruit or a few chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients to a food-safe jar or food-storage container.
– Option to add banana before refrigeration or right before eating.
- Mix until well combined.
- Seal and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Top with sliced banana before serving if not previously added.
Nutrition information based on recipe made with unsweetened almond milk