Smoothies are a great way to use up extra spinach or fruit you may have around. Pre-slice and freeze your fruit to help add better texture to your smoothie. If you don’t have frozen fruit on hand, you can use fresh fruit but will need to add more ice to create the best smoothie texture. Get creative with your toppings to add crunch and color to your smoothie bowls. Oats add more fiber and protein to this smoothie bowl. Depending on your preference, you may want to cook and cool the oatmeal before using it.
|Serving Size:||1 bowl|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||0 minutes|
|Total time:||5 minutes|
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1/4 –1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup quick oats (raw or pre-cooked)
- 1 medium banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- Ice cubes, optional
Optional toppings, about 3 tablespoons in total
- Berries, pomegranate seeds, orange slices, granola, sliced almonds, pecans, coconut, flax seeds, chia seeds
- Place spinach, water, oats, frozen banana, yogurt, and ice into a blender. Blend until ingredients are well combined.
- May add more or less water and/or ice cubes until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl.
- Optional: decorate the top of the smoothie with various toppings.
- Serve immediately.