Yogurt Cucumber Sauce
This is a versatile sauce that can be a dip for vegetables or a topping for grain bowls. It can be thinned with milk or water for a great dressing for salad.
|Serving Size:||2 Tablespoons|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||0 minutes|
|Total time:||5 minutes|
- 1 cucumber or 1/2 European cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup nonfat, plain yogurt (Greek or regular)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped fine (or 1 teaspoon dried dill)
- 2–3 Tablespoons of lemon juice (or the juice from 1 lemon)
- Salt to taste
- Peel and seed the cucumber.
- Removing the seeds is important so your sauce is not watery.
- Grate the cucumber using the medium or large size on a box grater or in a food processor.
- Mix all remaining ingredients. Start with 1/2 teaspoon salt and adjust if needed.