Chocolate Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are a great way to meal prep ahead of time. They are an excellent source of whole grains, fiber, and protein to help keep you satisfied. Start with 1/2 cup of milk or milk alternative. If you prefer a thicker or thinner final product, just adjust your amount of liquid accordingly.
These Chocolate Overnight Oats have a rich and creamy chocolate flavor. With such a decadent flavor, why reserve this treat for only breakfast? Enjoy these Chocolate Overnight Oats as an afternoon snack or evening dessert.
|Serving size:||1½ cups|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||0 minutes|
|Total time:||5 minutes + overnight|
- 1/2 cup oats (old fashioned or rolled oats work best)
- 1/2 cup milk or milk-alternative (1%, skim, almond, etc.)
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate chips
- Optional: sliced fruit
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a food-safe jar or food storage container.
- Mix until well combined.
- Seal and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Top with chocolate chips or optional fruit before serving.
Nutrition information based on recipe made with unsweetened almond milk